To be an Internationally renowned Training and Technical Service Provider for the Textile & Apparel Industry.
To facilitate Sustainable Development of Sri Lankan Textile & Apparel Industry by Producing Competent workforce with Specialized Skills.
Sri Lanka Institute of Textile & Apparel has been established after merging the two Institutes Textile Training & Services Centre and Clothing Industry Training Institute by Parliament Act No.12 of 2009. New Institute “SLITA” delivers study programmes that are being complied with the need of students in the Sri Lankan context at the same time keeping the Industry relevance. SLITA comes under the purview of Ministry of Industry & Commerce under the new Act is empowered to award diploma, degrees at graduate and postgraduate level. .
SLITA will provide fast track and cutting edge education to professionals for managing the Apparel Industry in a competitive era. The institute has entered into Memorandum of Understanding leading Industries (MOU) such as North Carolina State University, Bunka Fashion College, Japan. SLITA is committed to prepare its students for technical and managerial positions in Textile and Apparel Industry and strive to deliver quality education through a system of effective pedagogy and continuous industry interaction with students. With synergy of new technology and the knowledge from the industry, Institute mandate is to create of technical and management professional who can understand the dynamics of global business environment for Textile & Apparel Industry.
- Conduct Post Graduate and Degree programmes and to provide Diploma level education, training and consultancy and technical services to those in the Textile & Apparel Industry;
Establish national standards in Texitle and Clothing Technology Management and other related areas and award certificates in respect of the same;
Assist the Government in the formulation of a national policy on Textile and Apparel Industry;
- Link up with foreign Institutions, industries and laboratories and to provide accreditation and laboratory services and conduct high level of courses maintaining high standards in respect of the same;
- Form affiliations with local and foreign universities and institutions with a view of awarding digress, post graduate degrees, diplomas and certificates in the fields related to the Textile and Apparel Industry.
- Carry out research and promote product development in the Textile and Apparel Industry in collaboration with State Institutions, local and foreign academic organizations, institutions and industries.
- Offer testing and other related technical consultancy services in fields related to the Textile and Apparel Industry on a fee levying basis to local and foreign Institutions and to local and foreign students.
- Conduct market surveys, technical and economic feasibility studies, project appraisals and valuations on plant and machinery used in the Textile and Apparel Industry.
- Maintain a data base containing information relating to the product in, import and export and other technical information relating to the Textile and Apparel Industry;
- Issue conformity certificates to those engaged in the Textile and Apparel Industry on international, national and company compliance system standards